Tuesday 21 June 2011

Congratulations card



This is an overdue card. I should have made this last week but due to my SQA marking I didn't have the time or energy.



I got in from my schools prize giving at 9.30 pm and I decided I needed to make the card. I already had half an idea in my mind for the card. I knew I wanted to use the new anniversary set and I also knew I wanted to try a different stamp apart from the poppy one.



So I decided I felt like bright pink card base. Hardly surprising since my favourite colour is raspberry fizz. I love this paired with aqua mist (i was going to use lemon tart with it but I felt it was just too bright for what I was planning to make.


I die cut my shape I wanted to stamp on and then stamped my pretty flowers and used my chai ink to distress the edges subtly.


I then cut a slice of aqua mist and impressed it with my wood grain plate. LOVE IT!! I added a white mat to add a bit of contrast.


I then fished out my new sentiment set with the word dies. Too cute. Then I put the card together.


I am quite quietly impressed with it. I should have said it is for one of my colleagues who found out that not only does she have a permanent contract but she is staying with us. Yippee.


Lx

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your week's projects. The instructions for this one sounds like making a cake with the lovely names for the materials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love how your flowers pop off your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message. hugs Lesleyx